Based on my last post How to Stay Single Forever there is a wonderfully optimistic, bright side on finding true love that I wanted to share.
You have to adjust your idea of what “your” love life looks like, but once you do that, you will see a big change. Keep an open mind and an open heart. Take care of yourself first with the knowledge that being in a relationship only works best when you want to be together. Once your relationship develops it’s important to nurture it. It doesn’t mean it’s okay to put your past issues on one another.
When you become vulnerable to one another, emotional dependency is incredibly important, it is not something to be ashamed of. It is in fact, our greatest strength, our most important tool to survival. Some are even scared to say I need love, as if it is seen as a weakness, as so many people tend to believe.
HERE ARE 5 THINGS THAT WILL BENEFIT YOU:
1. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover. When you’re on a date, ask questions. Don’t just talk about yourself. Be in the moment, listen. Do not look for faults. If you leave the date with some intrigue, go out again.
2. Don’t put anyone on a pedestal. Your date might seem perfect, yet rest assured no one is. The question is are you going to be a fit for one another and will you take the time to find out.
3. This is your life, so live it for yourself. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks (will my friends approve?) don’t seek out validation from others.
4. Do not ask loaded questions in the beginning. For example, where is this going? If he/she is showing up for you…you’ll have your answer.
5. Now, more then ever, romantic love is more important then it has ever been, the statistics are not favorable. Give into love, you’re not settling and you just might be surprised. The choice is yours.